Description for Have a Happy Family by Friday
Does any of this sound familiar?
· You’re sick of the word whatever.
· You’d have a coronary if you ever walked into one of your kids’ rooms and it was picked up.
· You remember way back when you and your spouse paid attention to each other.
· A good day is when you only send your kids to their room once.
· An exciting evening with your spouse is no yelling and no trips to the ER.
· You’d like to ground your kids for life . . . somewhere else.
· Everybody wants a piece of you, and there’s nothing left to give.
· The only family member who listens to you is the dog.
· You spend a lot of your time wishing things were different in your family.
Well, wishes can come true. You can be on your way today to a happy family by Friday. Is it really possible? Yes! Embrace the truths and suggestions in this book, practice them, and watch them last a lifetime.
Every member of a family plays a vital role in the health and happiness of the household. Everyone is important, deserves to be treated with love and respect, and needs to know that when they make mistakes they will still be loved unconditionally. And when every member of the family is pulling for each other and on the same team, everybody wins. But is this kind of family life even possible?
Parenting expert Dr. Kevin Leman says it is, and he’s ready to show moms and dads exactly how they can make it happen in their family–in just five days. He shows families how to
· communicate honestly and kindly
· prioritize the right things
· maintain great attitudes and behaviors
· determine the role they play in the family structure
· make family time count
As always, Dr. Leman’s outstanding advice is laced with humor, great stories, and the wisdom that comes only from a lifetime of experience.
For parents who’ve had it up to here with bickering, hurt feelings, and emotional exhaustion, Have a Happy Family by Friday is just what the doctor ordered.
About Kevin Leman
Dr. Kevin Leman is an internationally known psychologist, radio and television personality, and speaker who has taught and entertained audiences worldwide with his wit and commonsense psychology. He has made house calls through hundreds of radio and television programs, such as Fox & Friends, Fox’s The Morning Show, Today, The 700 Club, CBS’s The Early Show, James Robison’s Life Today, In the Market with Janet Parshall, CNN’s American Morning, and Focus on the Family, and has served as a contributing family psychologist to Good Morning America.
A bestselling and award-winning author, Dr. Leman has written more than fifty books about marriage and family issues, including The Birth Order Book, Making Children Mind without Losing Yours, and Have a New Kid by Friday. Dr. Leman and his wife, Sande, live in Tucson, Arizona. They have five children and four grandchildren. You can learn more about Kevin Leman at www.birthorderguy.com